My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I almost got ran over by a shopping cart....

DAY 227~ October 29th, 2010...

Today was another one of those crazy busy days. Except, I didn't get to stay home and enjoy my home, I was pretty much out and about ALL day! First thing first, I took the two oldest to school, little man doesn't have preschool on Fridays. We ended up being a couple minutes late, ACK! And then I had to park.

Today was the Awards Assembly. Elizabeth was getting an award first thing today. The Assembly lasted about an hour, she got a Panda Award, which was for showing improvement.

When the Assembly was over, Johnathan and I went to Walmart. I needed to get juice for Michael's party, and a few other things. I had just checked my account balance on my phone, stepped across the aisle to get a bag of candy for the trick-or-treaters, when all of a sudden, and shopping cart was coming at me FULL SPEED AHEAD! It scared me, I was like, what is this person doing, can they not give me second to get back across the aisle. When suddenly, I realized it is my workout friend who I haven't seen in a month. She happened to spot me at Walmart, and was just teasing me. So, then Johnathan and I had a nice time finishing up our Walmart shopping with my friend.

Then it was time to come home and make lunch, and I also called my parents to talk to them. Once I was off the phone, I decided to let myself take a 45 minute nap. I knew how busy we would be today and this weekend. When my nap was over it was time to head back to the school.

Michael's class was having a Halloween party for, that is why I made 48 cupcakes, (30 of them for his class) last night. I ended up being a few minutes late to his class, and the kids had already started eating. They ended up not drinking the juice I made the special trip to Walmart for, and only ate about 4 cupcakes, Michael being one of them that ate it. So, it was almost a waste for me.

Once school was over, I realized it looked like Elizabeth had also had a party, with all the treats she came home with. I was upset over this, because I specifically wrote a note to her teacher, and her teacher said they weren't. If I would have known it, I would have also wanted to be a part of my daughters party. So, I was truly disappointed and upset at the same time

When we left the school, we came home to drop the cupcakes off. Surprisingly it was a hot day, and I didn't want them to melt in the car. Then we were off to Walmart. Michael still didn't have a pumpkin. The other two received free ones on their field trips a couple weeks ago. He ended up picking the second one he touched because he like it. It was then time to grab some dinner. We went through McDonald's, because we also had other plans tonight.

Once We got our order, and it was time to leave, I happened to notice lots of smoke down the road. Yes, I'm a snoop, and we went to check it out. It ended up being a trash transfer place that was on fire. There were about 10 cars pulled over on the side of the road (a little ways away, but clear view) watching the fire, and taking pictures. We also pulled over for a few minutes. We arrived a few minutes before the fire department arrived. (We were a safe. distance back, a large field, and train track was separating us from the building.) Then we ran back to the house because the kids had to use the restroom.

Finally, we were on to our fun destination tonight. "Ghost at the Post", which is at the Garden of the Gods. I forgot about the curvy roads it takes to get to it.They had indoor trick or treating, a scary story (we didn't do this because we didn't have time, costume contest, if you had an already carved pumpkin, they had a contest, and they had a coloring contest. The kid's didn't win the costume contest, but Johnathan won the coloring contest for 0-3 year olds. Funny thing was, he refused to color at first. He told me flat out, NO! Then all of a sudden, he started coloring and wouldn't stop, but with only 1 color, and it was orange. Guess it worked for him since he won.His prize was a gift bag with a coloring book, crayons (princess crayons, haha) a sticker book, little book, a Halloween bracelet, and some candy. I was so proud of him for winning. Then It was time to watch the Charlie Brown Halloween Movie. In which was hard for me to enjoy because Elizabeth was being stubborn, for not winning a prize.

Then we came home, and I let them carve pumpkins. By this time it was already after 8 p.m. Well, I carved out the top, they cleaned them, drew on their face, and I carved the rest. I didn't want them to cut themselves with the knife. Then I baked the pumpkin seeds. And finally it was bath time then bedtime. Michael fell asleep, around 10 p.m. By the time I was able to get baths done for the other two, it was 11 p.m. Wow, since it is already 1:46 a.m, I think I need to get some sleep.

Loving, missing and thinking of my handsome husband, wishing that he could be enjoying these moments with us....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.