My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

All in all, it was a crazy, but good day!

DAY 225~ October 28th, 2010

Today has been another day of not feeling so good. Right after I put Johnathan on the bus, and took the other two to school, I took an hour nap. But, the other two were about 10 minutes late to school, eeek! That is what happens when you have children that don't want to listen. It was only our second time of being late since school started the middle of August, so I think were okay.

When my nap was over, for not feeling the greatest, I got ready to go to Johnathan's Halloween party at school. Not long after I arrived, they started going trick or treating. Their Preschool is made up into two parts, a preschool, and then you have to go outside, into another half of the building that looks the same as the preschool side, and there are offices. The little preschoolers went on that side and went to the different desks to get a piece of candy from each. It was to cute, most of the kids had on their Halloween costumes, as long as they weren't scary.

After their trick or treating was done, they all went back to the classroom to get the party started. They each got to eat pizza rolls, cheese, crackers, and chips. That was their party food. After the 3-4 (and sometimes 5) year olds ate it was game time. The teacher had 4 different games they could play. One was put the spider on the web, ghost golf (not sure what this one was only saw one child play it), feed the monster, and put the ghost through the hoop. When game time was over, they sat in their circle where they sang a spider song, with a plastic spider ring, such as the spider is on the ground, then on my leg, stomach, etc. And they would put the spider on each of the places. Then they talked about the letter of the week, and where Mr. Bear, the bear each of them take home, read where he went last. And finally, it was time to go home. Of course Johnathan rode home with me since I was at the school.

Immediately after, I went with Johnathan on Fort, to the PX parking lot. I had heard they had free Popeye's for lunch, and I was curious if they had any left over. I knew that it was from 11-1, which was the lunch time of most of the Soldiers. When we arrived they did have some, probably getting towards the end of what they had, but it was still good. So, Johnathan and I picked a table out in the cold wind, and ate our lunch. The coldness didn't seem to bother him, I had a hard time making him keep his jacket on. We ate mashed potatoes with gravy, a biscuit, I had a chicken breast, and the guy gave Johnathan two chicken wings. It was good. Then they had a mini car show with about 8 cars. This is Johnathan's new obsession, he is only 3. He looked at every single one of those cars very closely, a few times each. He didn't want to leave. A couple of the owners said he could sit in them for pictures, he didn't want to, he was being to shy. Another owner also let him look inside his. He was so mad when the time had come for the show to be over, and all the cars had to leave. He started throwing a temper tantrum. If he could have, he would have been there ALL day.

Then we looked at this car that was in a very bad wreck, and two people died, June 10, 2010. It was two, husbands/fathers. It was very sad seeing how bad this car was, because drinking and driving. They had a poster on it of what had happened. The driver, had been in an argument with his wife that night, he decided to drink some to relax. His wife hid the keys, later that night he found them, and went and picked up his brother in law. His wife's brother. The driver 31, and the passenger, 22, were killed while the driver was changing lanes, hit a curb, over corrected, and the car flipped and hit the tree. The passenger, who was only 22, just returned from Afghanistan 2 weeks prior to this accident. The drivers wife not only lost her husband, she lost her brother. And 4 kids, just from this accident had lost their father, 3 from the driver, 1 from the passenger. Just such a sad thing, It will be hard to get the image of the car out of my head. It was bad! So, please don't drink and drive, your friends and family love you, and we don't want something like this to happen to someone else, or innocent people that may be out and about.

After that, we were on our way home. We weren't home very long, about 1:45 p.m or so, when I heard a knock at the door. I was like, this is strange. I looked out my blinds and saw Elizabeth at the door. Whoops, I completely forgot that they had early dismissal today. But, when I opened the door, it was VERY creepy. A solicitor was also at the door (even though we have a sign that says NO SOLICITING!!!) standing there with them. I didn't see this person when I looked out the blind. And if I didn't see my children, I would have never answered the door to him. I told the, you cannot just come up to the door when a stranger is at the door, pretend that you don't live at the house until they are gone. It just really creeped me out to open the door and see him standing next to the kids.

Once they were safely in the house, I turned on the t.v, and layed down on the couch for what I thought was a half hour nap, still not feeling the greatest at this time, and had already planned to get another nap in before I remembered they would be home. The nap ended up being 2 hours long, eek!! I woke up and asked Michael to go check the time on the stove. It was 4:17. Darn it, we had soccer practice at 5, there was no way I would have time to make dinner, and eat. When I woke up it was time to get ready to go. I drove the truck tonight to his practice. I think I forgot to mention, I also drove Josh's truck last night to the Bear scout meeting. I get funny looks from people when I drive it, since it is so big. Like, I can't believe a lady is driving that thing,haha.

Oh, and about the Bear Scout thing, last night I said I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to do it. It looks like something is going to work out, where we can buy his shirt and his book. So, more then likely he will be doing bear scouts.

Tonight when soccer practice was over, in which the other two kids and I waited in the truck, I found out they won't be having practice tomorrow. Tonight was the last one. We then came home and had a late night dinner of soup, and tuna fish sandwiches. Then it was bath time and bed time. Yes, today was a very busy day.

I'm so glad that my daily assignments are done for the night. But, I have just been sitting here, drinking my tea with honey that my mom recommended I drink since I haven't been feeling well, thinking about how I cannot wait for Josh to hurry home so we can go on more family hikes, drives/picnics, and possible even camping. I miss him tons, and these next few months cannot go by fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.