My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wait For Me.....

DAY 215~

I added a new song to my profile. It is Wait For Me, by Theory of A Deadman. If it doesn't show up once you come onto the blog, you can go down to the music player, and hit the pop out, scroll down to the end of the list, and you will see it at the end.

This is a great song, it brings tears to my eyes, or maybe just a little more then tears, when I listen to it. But, I think it adds more then just tears to my eyes because not only does it make me think of my husband, but he played it for me while we were sitting in his old truck before we traded that truck in. Whenever I will hear this song while he is gone, I will remember us sitting in his truck out in front of the house, holding hands listening to it, while I was trying to hold back the tears then. And that was at the beginning of his "vacation home". Now I'm sitting here with out him, only able to hold those memories in my heart until I see him again in a few months. And I can't wait until that time comes, at least I know that he won't be home for just his vacation, and will at least be home for awhile.

I hate this adjustment period, trying to get use to not being around him. With him being home for two weeks, we of course got into a family routine. With him returning to Iraq, we lost a big part of that routine, and it is just up to me now, feeling lonely as ever. I know I can do this, I have done it before, I have developed a routine for the 4 of us while he is gone. I just wish I really didn't have to and could return to the routine of the 5 of us. I know I can do this, it is just so emotionally hard. I just have to stop reminding myself that I won't see him for a few months, but like I said, I did it before, I can do this again.

Today the kids and I went to Church, our normal 11 a.m service. It was about it is better to give to others. After Church we had our Military Ministry Potluck, only us, the leader, a couple and another man showed. It was still great though. I took the cupcakes, and I made it home with one out of 19, which was great. I also made it home with half of the pasta. After the meeting we stopped by a coffee shop because we were asked to drop some off to let the community know about the Church's fall festival. I didn't know that this place closed early, because I had never been to it before. So, I had just taken the kids out of the car, tried opening the door and realized they were closed, whoops. I have to go back another day. We did go return our two RedBox movies and then go to a Pizza place that was open, we didn't order pizza, but dropped off the flyer's because we were asked to drop those off.

Then it was time to go home, in which I took a little bit of a nap, as the kids were talking to grandma and grandpa on the phone. It wasn't much of a nap when they were coming up to me bugging me about the phone, or other things, so mainly a rest of my eyes. When I got up I heated up some leftover steak, and had left over past salad for dinner. And it was finally time to finish helping the kids with their homework. We had worked some on the homework yesterday, but didn't get to finish it.

It was finally time for bed for the kids. I was so ready for this! The kids behavior has not been the greatest since Josh left a couple of days ago. They have been very hyper, and not listening. I know a lot of it has to do with their daddy having to leave again. I'm liking being able to be on my laptop while watching t.v. Instead of being down in the cold basement on the computer, where I would hardly get to watch any television, when I'm on the basement computer. I would still much rather have Josh with me, but I can't. So I have to make the most of it.

Here's to keeping busy, and hoping that these next few month pass by in a blink of an eye!! (I wish!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to goes quickly too. My kids act up when daddy is gone as well - I'm not looking forward to that :(
    I thought I was on the only one who 'rested my eyes' without actually napping! Sure makes me feel better sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mindi~ sometimes with our three kids, that is about all we can do. The kids keep us busy to do much more then that. My kids always think that if daddy isn't here they can do what they want. But it doesn't work that way, :)

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.