My husband and I

My husband and I
One of the 4 hardest time's of my life...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

This day Last Week......

DAY 220~ October 22, 2010

This day last week, we took Josh to the Airport to return Iraq. This day last week was the last time I'm able to hold Josh for a few months. And I cannot wait for those few months to pass. It is sad that I can no longer say I saw him last week, but that means our days, and now weeks are passing by getting closer until we can see him again.

Today the kids and I slept in, pretty late. I knew it would be at least a couple weeks until we could sleep in. When I woke up I had the kids get ready, and got Johnathan dressed. Then had them make lunch, yes, wow, it was lunch time. I was still in my pajamas for awhile while I was working on the laundry, and getting it sorted out by colors. Then it was time for me to get going for the day. By the time I ate for the first time today, from getting distracted doing other things, it was 2 p.m.

After I ate, then I folded laundry and waiting for my jeans to dry that I wanted to wear today. When those were done drying, it was time to run to Walmart to get batteries, training pants, donuts, and cast for the football game tonight.

Since they day was going by so fast, I didn't heat the frozen pizza as planned. Instead, we ran through McDonald's and got cheeseburgers and small fries. I also ordered a dollar sweet tea. So, it was dinner all for under 10 dollars for 4.

We then came home ate our food, and were out the door again. Tonight was Elizabeth's performance with the pee wee cheerleaders and the cheerleaders at the football game. It was fun seeing her on the track next to the field performing. She did pretty good, but I don't think she was into the whole thing as much as mommy would like her to be, since I just have one girl and two boys. She wanted water to drink, to go to the bathroom and get her jacket, things to distract her from her performance.

They performed the first two quarters by the field, and then went on the field to perform for half time. I took some pictures of the first two quarters and the half time.

This has brought back a lot of memories for me. This is the 10 year mark of our Senior Year in High School and our homecoming week. Home coming week was when Josh and I really started talking. We both went to Homecoming dance separate but ended up spending the night dancing together. Homecoming dance was on a Saturday night, and he asked me out the Monday after. Which happens to be October 23rd, which is tomorrow. 10 years ago, was the official start of our relationship and when Josh asked me out. Look at us now, 3 kids later.

The boys had fun watching the high school football game, and Michael even asked me to put football on the television more often. It is also really neat how close we are to the high school football stadium. When you go down one of the main roads to get to our house you can see into the stadium and on the field. When the kids and I left just after the 3rd quarter, we drove down to the area to see the field, and listen to the announcer, then came home. I'm not sure if the team won or lost, since we left early, but they were losing when we left.

Then it was time for the kids to go to bed, and me to do homework.

Loving, missing and thinking about Josh tonight. I miss him a lot. I miss seeing him, and hearing his voice, and I cannot wait for these next few months to pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am an Army Wife, and Proud to be Married to my Soldier

Home is where the Army move's us..... From here, to there and everywhere.